Well, it doesn't help when the English teachers (AP types are the worst)
insist that their 'interpretation' of something written 200 years ago is
the only one and anything else is incorrect.  Used to drive me nuts and is
likely the reason I sometimes got Bs instead of As in those classes.  I
still despise the Scarlet Letter to this day...  Although my AP English
teachers as a Junior and senior were big-time Feist fans.  The two of them
at Las Cruces High School were even collaborating on a novel inspired by
Ray's work.  Not sure if they ever finished it though.

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:52 AM, larry adamski <[email protected]> wrote:

> Wow! Small world. I had that same class!! Mrs. LIttleton's freshman
> English class. Only thing is, back then I hated reading. I just faked it
> for the class! Never read it until I was bored one day, probably the summer
> after graduation. Go Redskins! (Now Redhawks for p.c. purposes.)
>
> Did she also have us read Ender's Game? Or was that someone else?
>
> Did you have Mr. Lahey the next year? Mr. Monotone himself.
>
> --- On *Fri, 10/21/11, Tim Hickey <[email protected]>* wrote:
>
>
> From: Tim Hickey <[email protected]>
> Subject: How did you find Magician?
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Friday, October 21, 2011, 2:22 PM
>
>
>  I've been a member of the list for a while, but I haven't posted... I
> was wondering how everyone found Magician when you read it the first time.
> I went to Marist High School in Chicago and my freshman literature
> teacher, Mrs. Littleton had us read both, Apprentice and Master, for
> class... I have been in love with the story ever since. It is now 17 years
> later and it is the only series of books (really the only books) that I
> read... I always read the newest book in 1-2 days (which causes some rough
> mornings the next day).
>
>


-- 
Nick A

"You know what I wish?  I wish that all the scum of the world had but a
single throat, and I had my hands about it..."  Rorschach, 1975

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin, Historical
Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the
streets after them." Bill Vaughan

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."
Plato

Reply via email to