  From: Dorothy Noble
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:36 PM
  Subject: fixing a leukemia kitty

  I was reading Lynne's postings about her new cat being neutered this weekend -
  I just wanted to pass along a little ifo I had received from a society in
Missouri.

  I was looking to adopt a FeLV kitty (to be a friend to my other FeLV) and I
was inquiring about cats that they had.  I asked if they would be spayed or
neutered prior to adoption and she emphatically said NO.  She said that if they
were not already fixed, they definitely do NOT recommend t hat type of surgery
on a cat with leukemia, due to their already fragile immune systems.  (I chose
to wait until I could find one who was already fixed because I definitely like
my cats to be altered.)

  Just a little food for thought - I would hate to have something happen to
your friend during a surgery!
  Dorothy