Hi Susan,

The place is called Chateau Du Meow (note the Du - not De)
and it's been closing since at least the end of 2003 or 2004
according to the news accounts I've seen.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20031209-9999_1m9cats.html
http://www.delmartimes.net/archives/articles011604.html

The website (http://www.chateaudumeow.com) is now only a site that
displays some of Johanna Kane's artwork (she was the owner of the
sanctuary).

I have a sister in San Diego - I'll see if she knows anything more.

Kat (Mew Jersey)