  From: Lynne
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:54 PM
  Subject: Re: fixing a leukemia kitty

  Dorothy, believe me, this is weighing heavy on my mind.  He's scheduled to go
in this Friday.  The vet assured me he was healthy and up to it.  If it were a
spaying I probably would definitely be worried since I think it is a more
complicated surgery.  I still have tomorrow to reconsider.  I would definitely
be happier if his urine were not so strong smelling and I have read that
neutered cats can be healthier, ie less likely to develop prostate or other
cancers so I'm really torn as to which way to go.  I do not want him to be
wanting to go out.  The first night we had him the little buggar went upstairs
and peed in an unoccupied bedroom and it took two days to clean, air the place
and get the smell out.  We had his litter box ready but he chose to mark this
room.  The door has since been closed and he faithfully uses his litter box but
once the breeding season comes, I don't know what he'll do.  What do the rest
of you think.  Should I hold off on this surgery?  Boo is somewhere between 4
and 6 years old, kind of old for neutering but I truly want what's best for him.

  Thanks Dorothy for your input.

  Lynne