I'd just watch him closely for the next few days to see if the cough changes in any way. If it's going away, or seems to happen less, then it might not be anything to worry about. Ember did this weird panting thing several weeks ago, and it hasn't happened since. She may have had a reaction to a high dose of Flagyl. If BooBoo actually does hack up fur, then it's highly unlikely to be something abnormal. Cats are prone to that, as you know.

One thing I've done, though not as regularly as I should have, is to keep a text file on my computer of dates and any unusual health occurrences for Ember. I used it to track a diarrhea problem over a year ago, and I still have the file, in case I need to refer to it.

Lance