Thanks Tonya.  That is reassuring to hear.  Sissy and Rocket so want out of the
bedroom.
Sharyl

--- On Mon, 7/21/08, catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Introducing Daisy's Babies
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Monday, July 21, 2008, 1:06 AM

Sharyl,

I have vaccinated my negatives.  Yearly at first, and now every 3 years.  I do
not separate.  Mine have been mixed going on about 15 years now and I've never
had transmission.  All my sick cats always get retested by my doubting vet, and
they are always negative!

Sharyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

MC, I read the Merck info when Sissy and Rocket, now 9 mo. old, 1st tested
positive.    What concerns me is the last statement
"Uninfected cats in a household with infected cats should be vaccinated;
however, other means of protecting uninfected cats (eg, physical separation)
should also be used. Constant exposure to FeLV-infected cats is likely to
result in viral transmission regardless of vaccination status."

My Pequita, going on 16, was dx with CRF 2 1/2 yrs ago.  Since then the only
vaccine she has gotten is rabies.   I'm taking Stormie, a 10 mo. old negative
rescue, in for her FeLV booster shot Monday.   I'll talk to the vet then about
a booster for Pequita.

Rocket is thriving and is asymptomatic.  Sissy has had enlarged lymph nodes
since her rescue in Feb.    The swelling has gone down since she was spayed and
I had her baby molars removed.  My concern for Pequita and Stormie needing her
follow up booster are the main reasons they are quarantined in the bedroom.
Tiki, my healthy 4 yr old, is current on her FeLV boosters.

The babes are quarantined in a dog crate in my garage at night and an outside
cat enclosure during the day.  I was concerned about them stressing Sissy and
Rocket.  I had the babies in their bathroom the 1st night and it seemed to
upset them.  Right now I have 9 cats on 5 different diets.  Starting to wear me
out but you do what you have to.

It appears mine got FeLV by nursing from an infected Mother since Stormie from
the same colony tested negative.

To be honest I can not afford to test the cats I will be TNRing.  I can make
sure they don't have any more kittens thereby preventing infected kittens.  And
I can make sure they eat well.  I will not PTS a cat who appears to be
healthy.  It took 3 visits to the vet with Sissy and Rocket before they
believed me that these girls were not going to be PTS and they might as well
start folders for them.
Thanks again for the info.
Sharyl