Hooray for her!  How wonderful to get such good news...my Monday is now
complete!  Thanks for sharing with us.  Sometimes things seem so
depressing....but news like this brightens anyone's day!Debbie (COL)"I am only
one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.And because I
cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What
I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God,I will do"
(Edward Everett Hale) > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008
11:33:16 -0400> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] New to group>
> Oops, truncated message.> She tested 30% positive (small, faded dot) at 9
weeks.> > Same at 11 weeks.> > Then retested at 5.5 months old- positive
again.> > All 3 were the Elisa test. > > Then our vet recommended the PCR test,
which he says can detect even minute amounts of the virus, and is more accurate
than the IFA.> > Test results came back-- she is negative! We believe this is a
miracle, as we didn't hold out much hope she'd turn positive. > > So it does
happen. My Dad has been feeding her EVO, and also probiotics. She is indoors
only, up to date on her combo shot, dewormed, and really healthy otherwise. She
had a poor appetite though for the most part. She is completely isolated from
the other kittens we rescued, and my Dad is super vigilant about washing hands,
keeping all areas and bedding, food, etc. separate...> > > > -----Original
Message-----> From: Saehwa Kang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>> Sent: Sun, 19 Oct
2008 6:44 pm> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] New to group> > > > > > > > > I just
joined the group and got some good news this past Friday. Lola, > the 6 month
old feral kitten we resued tested positive on the ELISA > test at 9 weeks, 11
weeks,> > Sent from my iPhone> > On Oct 19, 2008, at 10:17 AM, catatonya
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > > I've been mixing *except kittens* for nearly 15
years now. I've > > never had it transferred. Your cats should not have a
problem. > > Good luck!> > tonya> >> > Tracey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> et> wrote:> >
Hello,> > I have to say this is a very enlightening forum. I have learned so >
> much> > from you all! I found a stray 2 months ago at work who was in > >
terrible condition,> > near death, starving, fleas, worms, etc. She had a
'tipped' ear and > > I found out> > later she was an Indy Feral cat who was in
the TNR program. Don't > > know whether> > she was actually 'feral' though, but
I doubt it because she has > > become quite lovable.> > Had her tested at a low
cost clinic and was +. The vet there said > > her teeth didn't> > look so good
and that was typical in feral cats.> > When I took her to my regular vet, he
somehow neglected to even look > > in her> > mouth and he said as a + she'd
live a couple months to a year, > > giving a very grim> > diagnosis. I tried
not to prod at her too much at first since she > > was in such a> > delicate
condition, but about a week after the vet appt, I noticed > > she was missing>
> all of her tiny teeth on the top and all but one of the little ones > > on
the bottom. I was> > horrified and it was then realized that my vet hadn't even
looked in > > her mouth.> > After nursing her back to health, she has become
very healthy except > > for some> > sneezing spells every now and then. This
does worry me because > > sometimes> > mucus comes out. She had extreme
uncontrollable diarrhea> > when I first got her, which after using fortiflora
for a month 0A> helped a lot, but did> > not cure it completely. For the last
week I have been feeding her a > > raw chicken> > diet (I have been feeding my
other 3 cats this diet since February > > with amazing results)> > and her
diarrhea is completely gone.> > So she's been in my bathroom isolated from my
other cats this entire > > time, and she> > really does seem to be happy there
but I hate to keep them > > separated. I am getting> > ready to take her to the
vet again to have her teeth checked out > > because her breath> > is really
terrible (seeing a different vet there though). I am > > worried about
stressing her> > out by taking her to the vet and I know they will recommend a
> > cleaning which will> > probably stress her even more, but having an
unhealthy mouth would > > be worse on> > her than the experience of a cleaning.
Right?> > I have 3 other (negative) cats, 2 are adults and one is about 1 year
> > and 5 months> > (I guess you'd call her an adult, she did just have her 2nd
dose of > > the felv vax) These> > 2 vets say they would absolutely NOT mix.> >
My question to all of you who mix is: Have any of your negatives > > become +
?? Any advice> > would be greatly appreciated.> >> > Tracey> >