Dawn a lot will depend what the vet tells you.  Mine haven't had those
symptoms.  I have 4 FeLV+ kittens I rescued.  They get Chicken Soup Kitten
Lovers canned food with supplements, I am currently giving them Lactoferrin,
DMG, Super B Complex, B12, folic acid,  L-Lysine and Brewers yeast.   No idea
if any of the supplements are helping but they are healthy 18 week old babies.

I also have 2 kittens a yr old I rescued early this yr.  They were getting the
same supplements mix until I mixed them with my other cats.  Now they will only
eat everyone else's food.  Still trying to figure out a way to get the
supplements into them without having to resort to syringing them.

Good food, low stress and lots of love are the best treatments.
Sharyl

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:03 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We inherited a positive kitten a?number of months ago and don't know a
> whole lot of what we should do to keep her healthy. Macy is such a sweet 7
> month old girl. She normally has lots and LOTS! of energy. She has her
> favorite toys and even puts them in her condo occasionally. In the past
> couple of days, she's been very quiet and not eating or drinking much.
> Today, we had to search the house to find her - she normally comes when
> called. The only thing she'd eat was a small amount of people tuna but
> didn't drink. For the past few months she's been making noise as
she sleeps
> (very heavy breathing) and occasionally when she's cuddling.?We took
her to
> the emergency vet clinic today. She has a slight fever and a distended
> tummy. They're keeping her overnight and putting her on an IV and
> antibiotic. What is the best food for a positive kitten and what
supplements
> seem to work? Our regular vet is willing to listen to whatever we learn.
Any