Try Rescue Remedy on her long before you take her to the vet.  I am a
fan of PetzLife's products.  A couple of us have listed holistic vets
who will consult by phone if you don;t have one locally.

Do not fixate on  what may happen.  Focus on the present and the
wonderful little friend you have.  The future is no guaranteed to any
of us.

Blessings to you and to her.