-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lisa Borden
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 8:25 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 3 1/2 month old kitten with diarrhea

        Thank you so much, Jane. Any and all advice is welcomed. I'm very
new to this, and have been going between feeling hopeful about
things, and bursting into tears. I love him so much. I'm on pins and
needles waiting for my vet to call with the test results.

        Lisa
 On Fri 14/11/08 7:06 AM , Jane Lyons [EMAIL PROTECTED] sent:
  Hi Lisa
 Forti-Flora will be fine for a kitten. I used it successfully with
mine.
 I am rushing out and will write more later.
 Jane
 On Nov 14, 2008, at 12:55 AM, Lisa Borden wrote:

 > I am so happy to have found this list. Two weeks ago, I took in a
3
 > month old kitten. He's a beautiful orange kitten and I've fallen
in
 > love with him. Yesterday I took him to the vet for his vaccines,
and
 > we ran an FeLV/FIV "snap" test. It came back positive for FeLV. We
 > sent off the other test (IFA?) to the lab and I await those
results.

 > I have two other cats - one is almost 4 (male) and one is 2
 > (female). They have both been vaccinated against FeLV. My male in
 > particular has become close with the kitten. it proved to be
 > impractical to isolate the kitten as he just cried and cried ...
and
 > escaped every time I opened the door. So I decided to supervise
them,
 > make sure they don't fight, keep a clean litterbox, etc. and I
just
 > let him back out with my other cats. From the couple of posts I
have
 > read, I see I am not the only one. And my vet was so adament about
 > keeping the baby isolated.
 >
 > He does have diarrhea, and I was looking at probiotics. Can
 > something like Fortiflora harm him if he does have a compromised
 > immune system? I understand I would be giving him "good" bacteria
 > balance things out. He was negative for worms.
 >
 > Thank you for any info, and I look forward to the group,
regardless
 > of the test results. My kitten is active, and is a LOVE ... and he
 > isn't going anywhere!
 >
 > Lisa
[4]

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
[2]
https://webmail2.agoc.com/parse.php?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Ffelineleukemia.org
%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ffelvtalk_felineleukemia.org
[3] mailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
[4]