Even if the lab test comes back positive, since he's a kitten, make sure you
retest later.  I reccommend 3 months.

I have never mixed b/c I've only had 1 felv at a time and had a room for that
cat, but I have let the cat out in the house to roam while the others are put
away so technically, they have "shared spaces"- but never food or water or
litter boxes.  I have never had any later retest as felv due to that exposure.
My own opinion is that felv is not transmitted as easily as believed in the
past.  In fact, I am starting to think it's more akin to FIV where the contact
has to be very direct, like a deep bite wound, or transmission through birth.
Again, that's my own opinion just based on experience and my own self education
and I know other list members and vets will disagree, so in the end, it's
always up to you to do what's best for the cat.

caroline kaufmann > Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:13:22 -0500> From: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 3 1/2
month old kitten with diarrhea> > Lisa> > It is good that you have a vet who is
willing to work with you. I am one of> those on this list who mixed my cats. By
the time I knew I had a problem all> my cats had been exposed for months. Since
stress management is very> important it would seem wise not to upset the kitten
by separating him. That> being said he will also be exposed to anything your
cats might get as well.> > There are many treatments should the IFA test be
positive as well. Also> sometimes kittens can throw the virus. I too have used
probiotics for my> cats. Some find pumpkin to be useful for diarreah.> > Sally>
> -- > Sally, Eric (not a cat),Junior(angel), Tiny(angel) Fluffy(soul mate
angel),> Speedy, Grey and White, Ittle Bitty, Little Black, Lily, Daisy,
Pewter,> Junior Junior (newest) I call him JJ , Silver, and Spike Please Visit
my> Message board for some pictures. You are welcome to sign up.> >
http://www.k6az.com/ki4spk/index.php?sid=c57c00cf5804ef13853ed6e77a68eed3>