Lorrie, I am certainly no expert here, however, having dealt with only one FelV cat and losing him after a short time, I personally would not vacccinate a positive cat. I still think the stress I put our boy through contributed to his quick demise.

Recently I had our negative rescue cat vaccinated for FelV, rabies etc and she was very ill for several days. As she is a house cat who is allowed supervised back yard outings, I worried about the odd chance of a diseased cat coming in and infecting her. I won't do it again however. Our newest rescued cat, a feral I'm convinced, adopted from the HS is still afraid of me and I could never hold her long enough to get her into the carrier to get her to the vet to be boostered. Since she has no interest in the outdoors whatsoever now, I doubt I'll even bother.

Lynne
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lorrie" <felineres...@kvinet.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FelV Vaccines

Oh wow, we're talking big bux here, as I have 14 permanent
cats at home :-(   I just wondered if anyone knew if the vaccine
would hurt my cats if they were positive, but asymptomatic.  I'll
ask my vet tomorrow, but I value the opinions of the people in
this group as much as any vet's opinion.  And besides the vet
stands to make a lot more money by testing each cat, so might
insist or the tests.

Lorrie

On 03-30, Sharyl wrote:

Lorrie, JMO but if they have never been vaccinated I'd have them
tested before getting the vaccine. Sharyl