how wonderful to see this discussion!

and even tho none of us individually may have enough cats to be
statistically significant (tho one of us, wink wink, may get there soon,
gary), as a GROUP we might....

and even if we fall below the magic number of 30, if we have actual,
real-time (as opposed to historical) data with dates of innoculation, health
and age info etc., collected as we go along, we stand a whole lot greater
chance of having the info looked at by the folks doing research. if we can
show them a pattern, in a direction that they most probably are NOT looking,
it could truly lead somewhere wonderful....

as for the safety of vaxing positives, the only thing i've ever heard
negative was that it was a waste of money and vaccine to give it to known
positives!

MC

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 7:59 PM, gary <gcru...@centurytel.net> wrote:

> Hi Gloria,
>
> I have been considering giving all my positives the vaccine, just on the
> outside chance it might actually help.  I'll give the shots myself, so the
> expense won't be that much.  Unfortunately, none of us has a large enough
> sample to make for a real research project with statistically significant
> results.  Also, I don't think I could withhold from some and give to
> others,
> I would feel too guilty.
>
> Many of us who care for FeLV cats give them various things to boost their
> immune system, but because there has been no real research, we are mostly
> just guessing.  Best Friends gives their FeLV cats .5ml of Immuno Regulin
> sub-q every month.  I asked their vet why and you will never guess what he
> said.  They do it because that was what was being done when he got there.
>
> Gary

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine