From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Sue & Frank Koren
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 9:29 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Cc: Nortina Bell
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Intro

Nortina, First of all welcome to the group.  There are people here with a
great deal of knowledge about this horrible disease.
I have seven cats, two are positive for feline leukemia.  The negative cats
are all vaccinated.  My oldest positve, Orlando, is 11 years old and the
youngest, Tweezer, will be three.  Both are asymptomatic.  I lost a positive
about 6 months ago to anemia. He was almost two.  Buzzy was able to live a
few months longer then he would have because of the advise of people on this
list. I hope you will find it to be as helpful as I have.  FeLV+ can go a
long time without symptoms and some live very long lives.  In the FeLV/FIV
room where I volunteer there is one cat who is 22!
Good luck with your positive kitty and thank you for giving him a chance.
Sue