Hi Stephanie,
I've just joined this group today so I'm not sure if I should be responding to
this and I'm sure others may have varying opinions on this topic but for me and
for my own cats, we allow our FeLV +ve kitty to interact with our other cats.
She is not isolated at all nor did we isolate our previous FeLV +ve cat from
the others. The others are vaccinated and we have 12 cats all together. They
were all strays, some were feral and we try to provide them all with the best
possible life that we can. I think the contagious aspect of FeLV is a bit over
blown, although obviously not a disease that you want to take lightly. I've
read differing views on how contagious it is. I've read that it is really only
a concern if cats are fighting or engaging in mating behavior. I've also read
that the virus is shed through saliva so even sharing the same water bowl can
be a danger to the cats who are not FeLV. So I think you can find both ends of
the spectrum in whatever you read. As with anything you should do what you feel
is right, keeping in mind that not many people will want to take on a cat who
is FeLV +ve so finding your new one a new home may not be that easy. Our
previous cat who was FeLV positive lived with us for 6 years. He was feral so
we cared for him while he lived outside for 7 years. One day he decided to come
inside and he never left. We didn't have any problems with him spreading
anything to the other cats and we're really not all that concerned about our
newest kitty Eden spreading anything around. She loves the other cats and has
great fun playing with two of our younger ones, who were feral alley kittens. I
think it's a very personal choice but whatever you decided to do just know that
we all do what we feel is right for our own pets and for our individual
situations and there are no wrong choices when they are made with love and
compassion.

Brenda