I know the costs for felv and fiv cats CAN be high, but why not take a chance
for their sake.  My 2 felv positive girls are amoung the healthiest of my 7 and
none of my other girls and 1 boy have contracted it from them.  Plus my vet
said that it is possible they were exposesd just before I got them and
developed an immunity to it, but that now they will always test positive
because of the exposure.  Annie was 4 when I got her and Nitnoy was around 1 or
2.  They were both highly stressed:  Nitnoy had her tail bitten off by a
raccoon and Annie lost her person to liver cancer and was islolated in a
trailer for 21 days.  That would be enough to lower anyone's immunity.  Now,
all we have to do is keep the negatives up to date on their shots just in case
Annie or Nitnoy would bite them.