Ahhhh, good point.  Hadn't thought about that.  Would we get the results of 
those tests pretty quick?

“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain



> Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:40:00 -0700
> From: jgonza...@pacbell.net
> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.
> 
> If your vet did the FELV/FIV combo snap test on the mother, beware as this 
> test can produce false positive readings due to cross-reactivity.  Please 
> test her via ELISA sent to the lab and if that comes back positive, test via 
> IFA.  Or, you can go straight to the IFA test.  
> 
> --- On Fri, 3/18/11, Maureen Olvey <molvey...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: Maureen Olvey <molvey...@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.
> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Date: Friday, March 18, 2011, 2:27 PM
> 
> 
> 
> Now I have a question and need advice.
> 
> My rescue just took in a mama cat and 4 young kittens that are still nursing. 
>  Just our luck the mama cat tested positive for FeLV.  My recommendation was 
> not to put any of them down, but to wait a few months to see what happens.  
> Maybe the mama cat can kick the virus.  My question is about the kittens.  I 
> know they have probably already gotten the virus from the mama cat, but is 
> there any chance at all that they haven't gotten it?  One vet said maybe we 
> should separate the kittens from the mama just in case they haven't picked 
> the virus up yet.  What do you guys think?  Would that be possible - for them 
> not to have it already, I mean?  I know since the kittens are only about 4 
> weeks old their chances aren't too good but we want to do the best we can for 
> them and save them if possible.  We've got people that can bottle feed if 
> they need to be taken from the mom.  But I don't want to separate them if 
> there's no point to it.
> 
> What do you guys think?
> 
> Also, seems like I've heard you guys mentioning vitamins.  Was it B vitamins? 
>  Would that be a good idea for the mama cat?
> 
> 
> “I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
> profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
> unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
> sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain
> 
> 
> 
> > From: drosenfe...@wi.rr.com
> > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> > Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:39:13 -0500
> > Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.
> > 
> > Generally spay/neuter is a good idea in most cases -- much less
> > uncomfortable for the cat, since heat is usually excruciating for them. But
> > this is a reason you should seek out a vet familiar with FeLV -- they should
> > be able to judge whether Amber would be too stressed by the procedure, or
> > figure out ways that she won't be (kitty Prozac?).
> > 
> > Diane R. 
> > 
> > 
>                           
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
                                          
_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

Reply via email to