Chances are, if she was positive when they were born, they've got it.
Taking them away wouldn't make any difference. I don't see any point, and
they're too young to test; at a very young age, there are too many false
positives.  Poor family! 
I would definitely give mama Vitamin C and CoQ10 - vegetarian type at GNC is
in powder form, open capsule and add to her food.  With Vitamin C, start
small amounts and build up not to cause diarrhea. 

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Maureen Olvey
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 5:27 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.


Now I have a question and need advice.

My rescue just took in a mama cat and 4 young kittens that are still
nursing.  Just our luck the mama cat tested positive for FeLV.  My
recommendation was not to put any of them down, but to wait a few months to
see what happens.  Maybe the mama cat can kick the virus.  My question is
about the kittens.  I know they have probably already gotten the virus from
the mama cat, but is there any chance at all that they haven't gotten it?
One vet said maybe we should separate the kittens from the mama just in case
they haven't picked the virus up yet.  What do you guys think?  Would that
be possible - for them not to have it already, I mean?  I know since the
kittens are only about 4 weeks old their chances aren't too good but we want
to do the best we can for them and save them if possible.  We've got people
that can bottle feed if they need to be taken from the mom.  But I don't
want to separate them if there's no point to it.

What do you guys think?

Also, seems like I've heard you guys mentioning vitamins.  Was it B
vitamins?  Would that be a good idea for the mama cat?


"I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are
profitable to the human race or doesn't..the pain which it inflicts upon
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further." - Mark
Twain



> From: drosenfe...@wi.rr.com
> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:39:13 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.
> 
> Generally spay/neuter is a good idea in most cases -- much less
> uncomfortable for the cat, since heat is usually excruciating for them.
But
> this is a reason you should seek out a vet familiar with FeLV -- they
should
> be able to judge whether Amber would be too stressed by the procedure, or
> figure out ways that she won't be (kitty Prozac?).
> 
> Diane R. 
> 
> 
                                          
_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org



_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

Reply via email to