OMG - when I got bit a couple months ago I just ran inside and washed it out
really good with soap and water.  That was it.  Guess I was lucky.  I had read
that soap and water are good enough as long as you wash it good so now when I
get scratched I just use soap and water.  Anyway,  I never went to the doc
until three weeks later for something else.  That's when I talked to him about
it and he fussed at me.  Guess I'll be more careful next time.  Yikes!