I'm more aware now of letting my cat "play" bite and will be more aware if he gets too aggressive. Knowing all of this now, I won't let him get carried away like I used to. Glad Pootie is not leukemia positive, that's terrific! Kudos to you for rescuing him from your neighbor. Some people don't earn nor deserve pets!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edna Taylor" <taylore...@msn.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2011 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cat Bite

Yes it got infected quickly. Pootie is not Feluk positive. He was abused so I stole him from a neighbor in our old neighborhood ;)

Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 15:39:20 -0500
From: longhornf...@verizon.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

Edna,

So sorry you experienced such a horrible bite! Did it get infected? Is he a
FeLV positive kitty?

At least I know what to do now if it ever happens to me or any member of my
family. It sounds much too painful. Some people take pain much better than
others but not me, I'm a total wimp!!

Hopefully, I will never get a deep puncture wound from a bite. I let my male cat get rough enough with me that he wraps his paws around my hand and bites
my hand while thumping both back feet against my forearm. He does not draw
his claws, but occasionally he has bitten me hard enough that I hollered
"ouch!" Yeah, he gets a little rough sometimes, and he is neutered. He needs
a companion to get rough with!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edna Taylor" <taylore...@msn.com>