This is the first bite I have had that concerned me...most have been nips with broken skin but nothing deep. However, I wash them to death and keep a very close eye on them. It is part of the feral world. However, anything on a thin skin area, hands, face, feet, gets special attention.
On Jun 4, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Edna Taylor wrote:

Lynda,

Yes, it is usually a very deep bite to require medical treatment. When Pootie bit me (don't know why, he was sleeping and it was about 3 am) he bit clear through to the muscle of my forearm. I couldn't even move my hand all day :(

Edna

Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 12:05:43 -0500
From: longhornf...@verizon.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cat Bite

Wow! Reading all of these messages with bad experience with cat bites, I consider myself VERY lucky. I've gotten bit a lot, but it sounds like it has to be a deep puncture type bite. Is this correct? I'm glad that you have shared your experiences. I bet most of us now won't mess around if we get
bit. I know I won't!

Jannes - what have you done so far? How are you feeling? Let us hear from
you soon :0) I'm hoping you have a good outcome!

Lynda