Wow! Reading all of these messages with bad experience with cat bites, I consider myself VERY lucky. I've gotten bit a lot, but it sounds like it has to be a deep puncture type bite. Is this correct? I'm glad that you have shared your experiences. I bet most of us now won't mess around if we get bit. I know I won't!

Jannes - what have you done so far? How are you feeling? Let us hear from you soon :0) I'm hoping you have a good outcome!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Maureen Olvey" <molvey...@hotmail.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2011 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cat Bite

OMG - when I got bit a couple months ago I just ran inside and washed it out really good with soap and water. That was it. Guess I was lucky. I had read that soap and water are good enough as long as you wash it good so now when I get scratched I just use soap and water. Anyway, I never went to the doc until three weeks later for something else. That's when I talked to him about it and he fussed at me. Guess I'll be more careful next time. Yikes!

“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain