tsk tsk to her for those un 4H words and GOOD FOR YOU for speaking for the
horses! On the local news one day they showed a cattle truck that had
overturned on the turnpike in Topeka. They wer bulldozing those cattle off
the road. They were crying and a lot of them had been severely injured. I
was so P----d that I could not sit down as I called the station and told
them what I thought. they ask if I was mad that they showed that. I said no,
I was glad I got to see what goes on, what happens to animals who are hurt.
they are bulldozed. I could not believe my eyes. than I promptly e=mailed
KDOT and told them what I thought. Apparently I wasn't the only one. There
was an apology on the newscast that night and a promise to have a
veterinarian present if it happened again. Livestock does not fall under the
Animal welfare Act, which is a crying shame.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM, katskat1 <katsk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will be 63 next month and I have been telling people off about
> animals for several years now.
>
> Just did it yesterday to a woman who took her 4H'rs into McDonalds for
> a relaxed, air-conditioned treat while FIVE horses sat in direct sun
> in an enclosed trailer.  One of the horses was neighing and kicking so
> hard the trailer was rocking.  I went inside and found her, told her
> one of the horses was distressed and I felt she shouldn't have left
> them in the direct sun while they trooped inside to eat.  She told me
> she was trying to get the girls out but they weren't finished eating
> yet.  I told her that is why it is called fast food.  She could order
> the food and they can eat in the truck.  Suffer - your horses are!
>
> She seemed to be a bit miffed at me!  Said very un-4H-like words!
>
> Sigh.
>
> Tee hee.
>
> Wonder what I'll be like at 80?
>
> kat
>
> On 8/23/11, Lorrie <felineres...@frontier.com> wrote:
> > On 08-23, Marcia Baronda wrote:
> >>    You  know  what?  I'm getting that way too!  It must be getting
> older.
> >>    Ya  know,  I know this sounds really crazy, but I kind of like
> getting
> >>    older, there ARE perks.
> >
> > Yes, that's one of the few good things about getting old!
> > I'm 78 now and I tell people exactly what I think of them
> > if they are irresponsible or unkind to animals.
> >
> > Lorrie

*Marcia Baronda*
*Baronda Supplies & Service, Inc.*
*1550 S 2700 Rd.*