From: siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:59:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Being blunt

Hi Marcia,

I don't think re-testing is ever a bad idea, but in order to truly determine
where his FeLV is as far as infection goes, a bone marrow aspirate would have
to be done.    It's been 6 years since I've had a FeLV+ baby here, and I was
inactive on this list for quite some time.  I recently reactivated because I
missed reading about the kitties.

His grouchiness could have everything to do with the fact that he's blind.  I
think once he adjusts, and once he is completely familiar with his surroundings
he may be just fine.  If you never read the book "Homer's Odyssey", you should.
 That kitty had to have his eyes removed when he was a kitten, and he adjusted
quite well.  Wonderful story.

I never give up hope that my husband will one day agree to give up meat.  Or at
least drastically cut down on the amount.  He'd eat beef every day if he had a
choice.