I don't have as much experience as others but I know cats can get grouchy when
they don't feel well.  That's probably it.

Your vet is probably right about him having FeLV because he appears to be ill.
But, that's a probably, not a definite.  It wouldn't hurt to re-test.  Well
other than the cost.  That always hurts.  I think an IFA test is about $100 on
average.

Why are they giving him amoxi?  Does he definitely have an infection of some
sort?  Depends on the infection as to the type of antibiotic.  I can't tell you
what every antibiotic is for but I'm wondering what type of specific infection
she thinks he has.  I guess giving him prednisone depends on what she says is
wrong with him.  Why did he go blind?  Is that something FeLV can cause?  I've
never read about it.

Has she suggested trying immunoreglin?  You need to ask her about it.  It's
what I hear a lot of people give to their FeLV kitties when they get sick.  I
think it's a super-power immune system stimulant but you can read more about it
online.  There's another one called interferon.  I think there's different type
of interferon and some are given as injections.  I've never used immunoreglin
or interferon because my FeLV kitty died within 24 hours of me noticing
something was wrong with her breathing and it was only at her necropsy and
blood test done then that we found out about the FeLV, but I know that's what
sick FeLV kitties are supposed to get.  Seems like I've heard of other things
but the immunoreglin is always in the conversation.