Hi Marcia,
I know popular opinion is to limit antibiotic use, because it can kill
the good bacteria in the gut, but in my limited experience I prefer to
leave immune-compromised kitties on it longer.  I had one little FeLV
pos kitten with a URI that had a 10 day regimen of Clavamox.  She was
vaccinated a few days later, as she seemed to have cleared the URI.
Big mistake, I didn't know any better.  The URI was not cleared, just
masked by the antibiotic, it came back, lost her to FIP a couple of
weeks later.  When her positive brother started getting sick soon
after, he got prednisolone twice for fever and was on clavamox for
months (5, 6?) just in case.  He never had any bowel problems from it.
 My vet finally said she couldn't in good conscious keep prescribing
it for such a healthy cat.  Had I left his sister on it (and not
vaccinated so young) I feel her immune system may have been less
exhausted and better able to fight the corona virus that turned into
FIP and killed her.

Best wishes,
Beth

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Marcia Baronda
<marciabmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Terri
...He's om amoxicillin and they said he could stay on that