Hi Beth
How are you? Dr chrisler said to keep him on it for 3 weeks, and then when I
took the others in for testing, i saw Dr metzger. We were discussing Fletch
and she mentioned that he could stay on it indefinitely if need be. But, I
think I'm seeing some improvement today. His coat looks much better and he
actually trotted across the floor today(-: yes, I saw a little bounce to his
step. Warmed my heart!
I'm with you, i  vaccinate my cats, mainly because of panleukopenia, but I
think it definitely drops their immune system. I also had a cat die from
FIP. I loved her so so much and it broke my heart to lose her. Her name was
Yogi and she was a botle baby. I immediately got on the FIP list. I was on
it for a couple years and learned a lot from them, just like i am learning a
lot from all of you(-;
Tjis last year my daughter lost her 15 year old cat to CRF. We researched
together to learn all we could. I think the most important thing i learned
was that feline vaccine is grown on feline kidney cells and causes an
imflammatory response on the kidneys everytime they are vaccinated, They
think this could help lead to CRF. So vaccinating ccan be overdone, once
every 3 yrs is enough and maybe too much!

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Beth Noren <maxgoodb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marcia,
> I know popular opinion is to limit antibiotic use, because it can kill
> the good bacteria in the gut, but in my limited experience I prefer to
> leave immune-compromised kitties on it longer.  I had one little FeLV
> pos kitten with a URI that had a 10 day regimen of Clavamox.  She was
> vaccinated a few days later, as she seemed to have cleared the URI.
> Big mistake, I didn't know any better.  The URI was not cleared, just
> masked by the antibiotic, it came back, lost her to FIP a couple of
> weeks later.  When her positive brother started getting sick soon
> after, he got prednisolone twice for fever and was on clavamox for
> months (5, 6?) just in case.  He never had any bowel problems from it.
>  My vet finally said she couldn't in good conscious keep prescribing
> it for such a healthy cat.  Had I left his sister on it (and not
> vaccinated so young) I feel her immune system may have been less
> exhausted and better able to fight the corona virus that turned into
> FIP and killed her.
>
> Best wishes,
> Beth
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Marcia Baronda
> <marciabmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Terri
> ...He's om amoxicillin and they said he could stay on that
> > indefinitely. Do you agree? She also said we could try some prednisone.
> What
> > are you opinions??
> >
> > Take care everyone
> > Marcia