They call it baiting in Ky and it is illegal here...doesn't keep people from doing it though.
On Sep 14, 2011, at 9:22 PM, Marcia Baronda wrote:

thats entrapment, and i think it's illegal as hell!

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Lynda Wilson <longhornf...@verizon.net > wrote: It just breaks my heart when we lived in Austin, Tx that there were so many deer starving, they would shoot them rather than feed them. In fact, I worked for a CPA that would litterally climb a tree and have a pile of corn on the ground, wait for the deer to start eating and shoot it. It made me sick and I certainly gave him my opinion on it. Deer are such beautiful animals. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lorrie" <felineres...@frontier.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Hunters

On 09-12, dot winkler wrote:
Hysterical! L.O.L. I love it. The thing is, yes, some of them hunt and actually use the meat - smoke it, make sausage with it (yuck!). At least they are eating the deer. But the thing is, the animal is so beautiful a creature to behold and so delicate. How can anyone have the heart to kill them? They are graceful and grace our woods and lands. To see one in your yard is a special and breathtaking sight.
  I don't see how anyone could do it.

I could never kill a deer.  Many deer come to our yard, and they are
so beautiful.  Last winter some bastard shot the leg off one of them.
It was right at the knee and it was just dangling for weeks. Finally
it dropped off and thankfully it never got infected.  She still comes
to our house, and still keeps up with her group.  She's an amazing,
brave little doe and we call her "Tripod".

Lorrie

Tripod and she
in
our yard

Marcia Baronda
Baronda Supplies & Service, Inc.
1550 S 2700 Rd.
Herington, Kansas 67449
Phone: 785-466-2501
Cell:    785-230-6499

" I wish to address ethics as it applies to our companion animals. As a veterinarian, I am an advocate for the rights of these wonderful beings who inhabit the earth and our homes, sharing this journey with us. It is my conviction that these animals,and all plants and animals, domesticated or wild, have inherent rights that are separate from their ability to benefit humans. They have the same right to exist as we do." Don Hamilton DVM