It just breaks my heart when we lived in Austin, Tx that there were so many deer starving, they would shoot them rather than feed them. In fact, I worked for a CPA that would litterally climb a tree and have a pile of corn on the ground, wait for the deer to start eating and shoot it. It made me sick and I certainly gave him my opinion on it. Deer are such beautiful animals. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lorrie" <felineres...@frontier.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Hunters

On 09-12, dot winkler wrote:
   Hysterical!   L.O.L.  I love it.  The thing is, yes, some of them hunt
   and actually use the meat - smoke it, make sausage with it (yuck!). At
   least  they  are  eating the deer.  But the thing is, the animal is so
   beautiful  a creature to behold and so delicate.   How can anyone have
   the  heart  to  kill  them?  They are graceful and grace our woods and
   lands.   To  see one in your yard is a special and breathtaking sight.
   I don't see how anyone could do it.

I could never kill a deer.  Many deer come to our yard, and they are
so beautiful.  Last winter some bastard shot the leg off one of them.
It was right at the knee and it was just dangling for weeks. Finally
it dropped off and thankfully it never got infected.  She still comes
to our house, and still keeps up with her group.  She's an amazing,
brave little doe and we call her "Tripod".

Lorrie

Tripod and she
in
our yard