Unfortunately, you are so right, Natalie :(
----- Original Message ----- From: "Natalie" <at...@optonline.net>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Hunters

Actually, the deer aren't responsible for overpopulation; they are "managed"
for maximum sustained yield, for only one reason: to supply better hunting
opportunities and revenues from hunting license fees. If they were left
alone, their numbers would be normal, and just enough to fill the biological
carrying capacity of an area that can sustain their numbers. And, yet, you
always hear: Isn't it kinder to kill them than to let them starve? Then why would they want such skinny deer? Because they really care only about that
rack, and a few lbs of meat are irrelevant.