  From: Natalie<mailto:at...@optonline.net>
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org<mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
  Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:10 AM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Hunters

  Actually, the deer aren't responsible for overpopulation; they are "managed"
  for maximum sustained yield, for only one reason: to supply better hunting
  opportunities and revenues from hunting license fees. If they were left
  alone, their numbers would be normal, and just enough to fill the biological
  carrying capacity of an area that can sustain their numbers. And, yet, you
  always hear: Isn't it kinder to kill them than to let them starve?  Then why
  would they want such skinny deer?  Because they really care only about that
  rack, and a few lbs of meat are irrelevant.