From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Sharyl
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:37 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] caboodle ranch - other side of the story links

I know others have also responded Natalie about TNR.  TNR is one of the best
ways of fighting the spread of FeLV.  In my experience a positive momma will
have positive kittens.  Fix the momma and you stop the spread of the disease in
a feral colony.  I also do TNR and manage 2 feral colonies.  The adult males
and females are released back after recovery from their surgeries.  Males 1 day
and females 3-4 days as long as they are doing OK.   The kittens I tame and try
to adopt out.  The only way to combat PETA is to responsibly manage these
feral/hard stray colonies.  My oldest feral is a 7+ year old male who is only
happy outside in his colony.  We can't take all these feral/hard strays in but
we can give them a healthy, stress free life in their colonies once they have
been spayed/neutered.  At least that way the population is controlled.

The real problem is feeders who do not TNR.  That's how these feral/hard stray
colonies get out of control.  Managing these colonies means responsible s/n,
feeding and medical treatment when needed.

JMHO

Sharyl