What about the 23 gauge?  That's even smaller, correct?  Does it work okay or
does it take forever to get the fluids in because the needle is so small?

 Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 21:45:03 -0400
From: g...@optonline.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Giving sub-q fluids

Maureen,I never use those “ horse” needles for cats; I prefer the 20x1”, and
often use 18x1” as well – it may take a little bit longer, but goes in a lot
easier, especially for kittens.  Some cats have tough skin, and others have
super soft skin and the needle just glides right in. Getting the needles from
the vet gets a bit expensive and they’re not as sharp as the ones that I get
here (no prescription needed) – a box of 100 is $6.45
http://www.thrivingpets.com/index.php/terumo-needles-box-of-100.html The
company is www.thrivingpets.com Natalie From:
felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org