They may be only animals, but God created them for a purpose.  They are part of
His creation and we are only stewards, caring for the world, not destroying it.
 That said, I call my cats my "furbabies" and care for them as such.  They get
the same shelter, food and medical care I would give to my child.  If I had
children and cats, had to make a choice between caring for one or the other, I
would of course care for my child first, but I would find a home just as caring
as mine if that time came.  I would not just dump the cats.  I only have as
many as I can care for - 7.
They call me the crazy cat lady around here because of my love for them.  They
give me love in return and give me a purpose in my life.  Ever try to sleep
when a cat wants out or food or God forbid,
My box is soiled, it needs to be cleaned!!"
I cannot just sit around and feel sorry for myself because I am alone because
they won't allow it.  They make me smile and give joy to my soul.

---- Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> After years in rescue, I'm so cynical that I truly believe if you did all the
> killing of cats and dogs on a large stage in a see-through dome, some people
> would view it as entertainment while the majority would hurry by, averting
> their eyes and telling themselves that it's just a movie, it doesn't really
> exist, it's not so bad, it's only animals and they don't have a soul anyway,
> according to most religions, or some other myth.  They would acclimate to the
> situation and soon it would be like everything else in our lovely Society.
> People passing by the homeless and maybe throwing a couple of coins in a hat,
> people ignoring automobile alarms, people closing their windows when their
> neighbors are fighting to the point of violence, people voting against clean
> air, clean water, natural food because they are so afraid of Big Industry
> raising the prices of candy bars, LuLuPop cereal, iPads and iPhones.  People
> sticking their heads in the sand and mumbling
>  "Just Say No" when the idea of birth control for teenagers comes up and
> people wanting that cute designer kitten to match the living room sofa or
> that pure bred dog they think they can breed to make a fortune off the
> puppies by selling them at the side of the highway.  This is so depressing I
> would advise you take a Prozac after reading it.

too!