As I wrote at the top, you can try just the abx just once and then Coptis
Purge Fire.   We really didn't know what had helped, but things started
getting better when we did those two.  The Coptis Purge Fire can go into
food, especially if you introduce it slowly, just a pinch to begin with.
You can crush the tablet or use a mortar and pestle.

<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>