That's exactly how I feel about the 4-H Club!~ It totally tries to desensitize
children's feelings for animals!

-----Original Message-----
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:37 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Bow Hunting

I am in a rural area and they all think I am crazy because I have 7 cats and
think they have rights.  I don't think i could ever be a successful farmer
because I would have to kill the animals.  One look in their eyes and that
would be it for me.  These animals are raised to trust us for food and care and
then one day we kill them plus the treatment they get from some while being
raised for the slaughter is deploreable. At least when you meet a lion,
buffalo, sow with babies, you know what to expect and if you are smart, you
turn tail and run for shelter.  That is why I am not too keen on 4H.  They hand
raise the animal, groom it and almost turn it into a pet and then after the
fair, it is sold to someone for slaughter.  A betrayal is ever I saw one.