Dear Laura,
Thank you for giving Dani a chance for life.  I also have a lot
of cats (15 at home)  plus a FelV sanctuary in my building in
town.  Sometimes these FelV kittens can live long lives, and others
will die.  I have found there is really nothing you can do to cure
the cat of FelV, but some will throw off the virus when they have
lots of love, a good diet, and no stress. I do not believe in heroic
measures or invasive proceedures.

In July I took in a litter of 4 FelV kittens, and they were happy
playful babies until November when one of my calico girls named
Molly died of anemia.  Her calico sister Maggie died of the same
thing one month later. Now their brother, a precious silver tabby
male, Willie, my very favorite, is becoming anemic and soon there
will only be one left from this litter.  It is heart breaking each
time I lose one, but we gave them a wonderful home and lots of love
during their short lives and this is my consolation.

Lorrie