If your other cats are vaccinated for FELV, why not let him in with them?
Annie is now 8 and doing fine.  Her only problem is she was an "only cat" in
her previous home and does not like to share with other cats.   (Nitnoy died
after  1-1/2 years but she had been feral and lost her tail to a raccoon which
really left her stressed out)   But Annie only meows at them and swats them so
no problem there.  She and the others all think they have to sit on my lap
every time I sit down and even though I have an ample lap, it is not big enough
for 6 cats.  That creates a problem.