Hi.  My name is Beth.  I run a feral cat rescue.  That's how I ended up
with Mozart, a 10 month old kitten.  April 18, I took him to a spay clinic
to get neutered, his rabies vaccination and for a Felv/FIV test.  He tested
positive for Felv.  It was recommended that he immediately be euthanized.
 I refused.
I contacted my vet.  She agreed with my decision to allow him to live out
his life.  She retested him May 17.  Again, he tested positive.  This
surprised me because he is a healthy cat.  No symptoms at all.  None of his
brothers tested positive.  His mom took off with his two sisters when he
was 5 weeks old.  Mom was feral.  Have not found her or the missing kittens.
My vet is awesome (which is great because my rescue takes in cats with
medical issues and behavioral issues as well as ferals that cannot stay
where they are).  That's a lot for me to say since I have a general
distrust of vets for various reasons.  Anyways, she is looking for another
felv cat for me to introduce to Mozart as a playmate.  Mozart is locked in
my bedroom.  Other cats in my home were tested.  They were negative.  We
are vaccinating with a 4 way vaccine with leukemia.  I am in the process of
ordering more vaccination-with and without leukemia.
I have him on a raw diet. Been raw feeding for over 3 years-not the least
bit concerned about bacteria.  I feel as if it is safe and beneficial to
feed Mozart this diet.
I am looking into this treatment for him:

Anyone have any luck with it?  Anyone hear of it?  Does anyone have any
advice they can give to me?  Also, what about vaccines?  I am concerned
about the increase chance of vaccine related sarcomas.
Thank you!
--Beth Laubenthal
Felvtalk mailing list

Reply via email to