We tested Ember again, and her wbc had gone back up to ~3.85, which is
"normal". Unfortunately, two other symptoms have manifested. Ember's left
pupil, which has been abnormally large due to anisocoria likely caused by FeLV,
is now fully open. We don't know why this is, but the vet thinks this could
indicate cancer.

In addition to that, the vet x-rayed Ember to see if she might have a fungal
infection, and she found a mass in Ember's lungs. Ember doesn't have breathing
difficulties, but the mass is such that there isn't a good way to access it. I
really don't want to subject her to a thoracotomy. A urine test turned up no
antigen for a fungal infection.

I'm not sure what to do next. The vet said that another vet could do a CT scan.
The same clinic (about an hour and a half away) could also do a test of Ember's
left eye to see if cancer is involved. I don't know what that information would
get us, however.

Does anyone have experience with eye cancer or lung cancer in cats? I've been
reading about Agaricus blazeii thanks to KG BarnCats, and I'm hoping that might
slow the progress of whatever it is we're dealing with. I'm going to post to
the feline cancer list on Yahoo!, but I'm wondering what people here might
think.

Thanks,

Lance