 From: "cer...@new.rr.com" <cer...@new.rr.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 11:43 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] a newbie

Hi
everyone:

just joined up, this is my first post. To be brief, I volunteer at
our
local
animal shelter, and just adopted a FeLeuk+ girl. I have worked
with
them at the shelter, but never had one in my home, so I joined up
get some tips and help, when I need it. She is about 2 years of age,
named
Raja, very pretty, and also very sweet, and a happy girl. The
shelter
had sent in an IFA test on her, to see where she stands, and we
are
waiting for the results of that. I have just switched to an
integrative
vet,
and plan to take Raja to her after we get the results.

also have 8 other cats and 1 rat, all of which came from the shelter
(fallout
from volunteering), and I am usually fostering for them as well,
usually
cats, but I’ve also had rabbits, ferrets, a hedgehog, a hamster,
and
rats. Now I have a mama and her 6 babies, which were born here.
Of
course Raja has her own room, with the rat in his cage to keep her
company.

Before
joining I had never heard of mixing them with non leuk cats-I find
this
interesting. Not sure I would have the guts to do it, though.

was wondering-are there files on the home site that I can look
through
before
I start asking questions that have probably been asked here a
million
times?

Thanks
so much for any future help.