 From: Lorrie <felineres...@frontier.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Mixing & Fostering (Beth)

Beth I didn't know you fostered FelV cats.  Have you had any who eventually
threw off the virus?  All of the kittens I've taken in as FelV positive, who
must have acquired the virus from their mother, have died within two years.
However, from one litter of FelV kittens I have an male who is now 4 years
old, and he was the only one in his litter who did NOT test positive when I
took them in, and I later tested him and he was still negative.

I really admire you for fostering FelV cats.  It can be heartbreaking
when they become sick and die. I've had three PTS since October. They
would have been a year old in May.  One from this same litter is still
fine, or seems to be. I will retest her soon.

Lorrie