The cat has only been lost a month - please do not give up!  Odds are he
has not gone far.  I found my Lee after 3.5 months lost. I helped a rescue
find a young kitten lost on the side of a road by acres and acres of woods
with most saying she would have been eaten by coyotes ... But we got her
back safe after a month, and saved another kitten to boot.  My favorite
quote from the various lost pet sites... The cat's job is to survive; your
job is to find the cat!  Do not give up, do not listen to pessimists.  Keep
checking the shelters and vets, keep putting up posters, etc.

Kg