Hi Marlene

I methodically tried both the Immunoregulin and the LTCI. We gave weekly
injections and performed weekly bloodwork, which showed no appreciable change
in the haematology or other blood parameters. However, others on this chatline
have had good results with those treatments. I suggest that if you are going to
try either of these treatments, you perform weekly bloodwork as we did, and if
there is no change, move on.

Alternatively, what I did find very effective, was using Winstrol (stanazolol)
along with prednisolone and Doxycycline. Again, performing weekly bloodwork
showed an immediate uptick in the red cell count and haematocrit, and it rose
steadily thereafter from a level of 5 (critically low) to normal levels between
25 and 35 after about 10 months of treatment. The other blood parameters also
improved (platelets going from critically low numbers to within reference
range) and white cells also returning to reference range levels.

I had good luck using a combination of Doxycycline (1/2 100 mg twice a day)
plus Winstrol (1 mg x2 day) plus prednisone/prednisolone (1/2  5 mg tablet x2 a
day). Even on this protocol, I recommend close weekly or bi-weekly monitoring
so you can see if you start getting a rise in the red cell indices, etc. Don’t
let your vet talk you out of one or another of these medications. You can’t
substitute another antibiotic for the Doxycycline, for example. Doxycycline has
anti-RNA properties (which allows it to interfere with the replication of
viruses when other antibiotics don’t do this.)

Amani