Dee Dee Williams wrote:
> 
> >> I have just spun about two pounds of Suffolk in anticipation of the Wool
> Gathering and Natural Dye-In in September. <<
> What colors are you thinking about using on the yarn?

Well, the standard dark brown from walnuts (I just used walnut hull
juice to stain a couple of baskets and that turned out very well.) Also
marigold for yellow and turmeric for gold. Pirella (sp?) is supposed to
give green but I don't think I have enough to harvest this year. If I
have time to gather it, I'll try the fungusy/mossy stuff that is thick
on the bark of our oak firewood.

I understand that different people will bring different dyestuffs to
share. In years past there was madder and logwood available.

Nancy in southern Indiana

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to