I agree with this point.

I use with no particular difficult c#, sql, asp.net, java, as3, as2, Flex
and i think that
as3 is better than as2/as1 because my skill give me the opportunity to work
with
a language that can be great (that is at "first" version ... so with a
little bit of problem).

But designer that work with me are not happy, and for a more and more
project
i have difficult to use AS3 because the world don't use AS3;

I think that onClipEvent and on(...) is important for designer like "class"
is important for programmer.
Introduce again this concept, or build a new product "for designer" is a
must for Adobe.

daniele tassone