I have a couple of questions about AIR / mobile device dev:

1) Has anyone on this list shipped anything decent (by this I guess I mean
commercially successful; gave +ve ROI on dev/sales costs) into the AppStore
using AS3/AIR?
2) Has anyone got any practical advice for technology choices for an AS3 / Java
shop looking to do mobile apps / games  (we have a framework using SmartFox
server with AS3 client tech).

Currently - we're looking to kick off a mobile dev track early next year, and
expect to be using native tech, which is a pity for us as we have a really
mature AS3 framework but I don't see any examples of flash being used to much
commercial effect on mobile thus far...

On 18 Sep 2012, at 14:22, Merrill, Jason wrote:

>> Make it an EMCA viable script language. Like Actionscript becoming
>> Javascripts competitor. Make it so Actionscript can control and manipulate
>> DOM.
Just sayin..

THAT would be AWESOME and make me VERY HAPPY.

Jason Merrill
Instructional Technology Architect II
Bank of America  Global Learning

This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please
notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and
attachments, and be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking
of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this
message is prohibited.
Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a
solicitation of any investment products or other financial product or service,
an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of
Sender. Subject to applicable law, Sender may intercept, monitor, review and
retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems and may
produce any such EC to regulators, law enforcement, in litigation and as
required by law.
The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC,
and EC may be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the
country in which you are located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or free of errors or viruses.

References to "Sender" are references to any subsidiary of Bank of America
Corporation. Securities and Insurance Products: * Are Not FDIC Insured * Are
Not Bank Guaranteed * May Lose Value * Are Not a Bank Deposit * Are Not a
Condition to Any Banking Service or Activity * Are Not Insured by Any Federal
Government Agency. Attachments that are part of this EC may have additional
important disclosures and disclaimers, which you should read. This message is
subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Sender you
consent to the foregoing.

Tom Gooding
QuickThink Media Ltd