Vivian Meazza writes:

> I remain disconcerted that the visual model appears to roll through 180 degs
> vertically on the up and down legs of a loop when in chase or helicopter
> view. Not the end of the world, but lacking realism.

Yes this is a short coming of the math method used.

Note that the cursor should also be restrained in the vertical direction
so as to not wrap from the top to the bottom, or visa versa, not doing
so potentially compounds the confusion

Put simply the matrix math used supports a 'restrained' cylindrical viewer
not a true spherical viewer.

The reasons that FlightGear does not use a quaternion model for this, I will
leave for others to explain.

HTH

Norman