Jon S Berndt wrote:

On Fri,  2 Jul 2004 22:46:14 +0100
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The L1011-500 uses the Rolls-Royce RB211-524B
take a look here for details:
http://www.aircraftenginedesign.com/TableB3.html

I have committed to JSBSim CVS an RR RB211-524 engine.

Jon

The RB211-524B has only 50000 pounds of thrust, that one is suitable for the H and G models acording to http://www.rolls-royce.com/media/product/rb211524.jsp

I have generated a 50000 pound version, and I can get TSFC values and stuff , but I don't understand those tables below.
I also had problems using the <FG_TURBINE> and switched to <FG_SIMTURBINE>, is this a good idea?

The file generated by aeromatic had the <AC_THRUSTER> inside the <AC_ENGINE> tags and it didn't work until i separated them, aero-matic bug?

Now i can get the L1011 working, but if i start from the RWY, it appears around 50 meters AGL and starts rotating backwards until it gets under the floor and freezes.
If I start it in flight it behaves nice.
What are the conventions for propper positioning of the model?

Is it better to use a singles texture, or separate fuselage texture from other pieces?

thanks in adavance :)

Regards,
Tiago