Erik Hofman wrote:
Innis Cunningham wrote:

Anyway if you guys can come up with a way to do the switching on the fly I can do the screens.

If all 3d instruments are contained in one 3d model file and separated with objects names (or object group names) then it could be as easy as using the select animation to "turn on" the appropriate instrument.

I was just thinking, I expect it would be possible to name an included 3d (sub)model like this:

 <model>
  <name>RudderAndStickPilot</name>
  <path>Aircraft/pc7/Models/rudderandstick.xml</path>
  <offsets>
   <x-m>-0.25</x-m>
   <y-m>0.0</y-m>
   <z-m>0.15</z-m>
  </offsets>
 </model>

and use the select animation on the provided name (RudderAndStickPilot in this case).

Erik